Love to sing? Enter our J-Idol competition to sing your heart out! J-Idol is a singing contest in which contestants are judged on their performance of J-pop or anime songs in English, French, or Japanese.
1. Lip-singing is not permitted.
2. Music must be provided by contestant; Music must be Karaoke or Instrumental version. In the event you don’t have either of the two, you will have to sing A capella. Please put the song first on the cd or Ipod playlist as it makes it faster to set up.
4. The maximum of time for an entry is 2 minutes.
5. Memorize the song; you are permitted to use use lyrics on a sheet, but points will be deducted from your performance score. Those singing English pieces, annunciation and pronunciation will be judged more harshly because it your first language.
6. Dance routines, costumes, and the likes, are not necessary. However, more effort in your performance will reflect on your performance score. Do your best!
Please be aware that like most other contests, there will be an entrants cap on how many attendees may enter. It is encouraged to sign up as early as possible. Forms will be available online (see below) and at the convention at the Info Desk. Please be sure to return your form to the Info Desk by 11pm Saturday night. No late forms will be accepted.
If you have any questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck to those who enter!