Love to sing? Enter our J-Idol competition to sing your heart out! J-Idol is a singing contest in which contestants are judged on their performance of J-pop or anime songs at the convention. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our J-Idol Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules and Regulations
The registration process is as followed:
- Your real, full name is needed for registration purposes. If you have a stage name or wish to remain anonymous please submit it with your application.
- Applications will be accepted until Saturday, July 2nd until 6:00 pm both online and at-convention.
- At-convention applications can be found and submitted at the convention’s Info Desk found in the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
- Fill out all sections of the application.
- All audio files must be submitted via USB sticks/drives or via email with your application.
Songs which are submitted must follow the guidelines below:
- All songs must be sung in Japanese. Songs can include English but cannot be entirely in English.
- Audio tracks must be karaoke or instrumental only. Lyrics must not be included.
- Animaritime will not be providing any music.
- If audio files are to be used, they must be submitted in .mp3 format.
- Audio files must be submitted via USB sticks/drives or via email: email@example.com only.
- USB sticks/drives will be available for collection at the end of your performance.
- In the event that you do not collect your storage device it will be available for collection at the Info Desk.
The performance process is as follows:
- Participants will be called in their category starting with Beginner
- Come early to the event. If you are late or miss the announcment of your name you will be disqualified from the event.
- You have 3 minutes to perform. After 3 minutes your song will end or a notification will sound indicating the end of your performance.
- A microphone will be available for your use.
- Lip-syncing is prohibited. If a participant is caught lip-syncing their performance will not be judged.
- Be creative. You can dance or interact with the audience to gain more points.
While watching another performance:
- Keep conversation to a minimum.
- Please be respectful to participants. It is hard to get up on stage.
- Try to stay until the end. Moving in and out of the room is distracting.
Winners of each catagory will be announced at the end of the judging portion of the event.
For more information pertaining to J-Idol please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.