Love to sing? Enter our J-Idol competition to sing your heart out! J-Idol is a singing contest in which contestants are judged on their performance of J-pop or anime songs at the convention. If you have any questions of concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Amanda Fraser, our J-Idol Coordinator at email@example.com.
This year's judges will be:
- Amanda Fraser (J-Idol Coordinator);
- Kimberly Burch;
- Christina Spruin (Animaritime 2013 J-Idol Winner).
Animaritime 2014 J-Idol Rules
- Please enter your real first and last name when filling out the form;
- Deadline for signing up for J-idol is Saturday, June 28th AT Noon;
- All songs must be sung in Japanese.
- Please let us know if you have participated in the past;
- When choosing a category the judges can override, and deem you in a higher or lower category accordingly after your performance;
- You must sing either acapella, or accompanied by a karaoke track;
- Please note that lip syncing is not acceptable, and you will be immediately disqualified;
- You cannot sing over the lyrics, you will be asked to sing acapella, or you will be disqualified;
- J-Idol Staff does not provide the karaoke tracks. You must provide the track by sending it to the J-Idol Coordinator Amanda Fraser (firstname.lastname@example.org), or bring it on a USB stick or CD.
- Please note you will not be singing in a microphone. Your projection ability will be judged;
- Memorize the lyrics. You can bring a copy of the lyrics with you to use, but marks will be deducted;
- You will have two minutes to sing;
- Costumes, skits, and dances are not necessary;
- The winner in the advanced categoryis announced at closing ceremonies, and will get to sing the full song there.You will be contacted beforehand if you win.